A pen name is a name made up by an author if there name is incompatible with the book's title or may be confused with another author's name.
The Good Aspects of a Pen Name
- The authors real name may not fit with the books title.
Example: 'Blood of My People' Anita Riana rather than, 'Blood of My People' by Shurlee Kennan.
The influence and author's name has on the title of the book is very important.
- If the author wishes to remain anonymous, a pen name is a good way to do that.
- By using a pen name, an author can continue a normal life without having the hindrance of being famous.
The Bad Aspect of a Pen Name
- For an author, their choice of a pen name can hurt their acceptance for publishing. A beginning author already has little leverage with publishers and should not use a pretentious or gimmicky pen name.
- If the author's book, which they are publishing with a pen name, becomes popular, they will have to continue writing under that name. Their real names are often rejected when sent to publishing companies.
- Many authors use pen names so that if one book is not liked, then they will simply switch to a different pen name so that they are not rejected based on their name. The author may be brought to court for this.
Authors Who Have Used Pen Names
|real name||wrote as|
|Samuel Langhorne Clemens||Mark Twain|
|Eric Arthur Blair||George Orwell|
|Esther Pauline Friedman||Ann Landers|
|Charles Lutwidge Dodgson||Lewis Carroll|
|Mary Ann Evans||George Eliot|
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora. Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services.
- Open source Free software not Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party a.k.a.Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- You & the Police! by Boston T. Party