Checks and Balances
Checks and Balances (officially known as the Separation of Powers) is an important part of the United States Constitution, and was originally proposed by the Enlightenment philosopher Montesquieu. With the checks and balances created by the separation of powers, each of the three branches of government can limit the powers of the others. This way, no one branch becomes too powerful. A strict separation of powers doctrine has two prohibitions. First, no branch may encroach upon the powers of another. Second, no branch may delegate to another branch its constitutionally assigned power.
- Judicial branch (Federal Court System led by the Supreme Court)
- Legislative branch (two houses of Congress: The Senate and The House of Representatives),
- Executive branch (President and his Cabinet).
The wise and faithful Founding Father Madison discovered this as the model, reading the Bible's Isaiah chapter 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us.”
In theory, each branch is meant to limit the power of the other by calling them out when they overstep their boundaries. In practice, the Separation of Powers is largely an illusion as all the branches of our big government collude through cronyism, crony capitalism, lobbyists, judicial activism to increase the Welfare state-Nanny state-Police state powers of each other instead of reducing it.
Other Important Checks on Big Government
- fundamentally real American patriots and Oath Keepers in the form of regularly exercising our Second Amendment unalienable rights to keep and bear arms as "liberty's teeth" -- a last defense against tyrannical usurpation of power and to support and defend the Bill of Rights - United States Constitution, our nation our state-Redoubt, our community, our family and our own self-defense.
Such checks and balances are also supposed to come from sheriffs and some police who follow their oath of office, such as the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) founded by Sheriff Richard Mack of Oath Keepers. Particularly, the military and veterans must follow their oath to support and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. This potential coalition of Oath Keepers who refusing to enforce unconstitutional mala prohibita laws.
Malum prohibitum (plural mala prohibita, literal translation: "wrong [as or because] prohibited") is a Latin phrase used in law to refer to conduct that constitutes an unlawful act only by virtue of statute, as opposed to conduct evil in and of itself, or malum in se.. For instance, gun-grabbing laws such as the Diane Feinstein-Chuck Schumer-Clinton Administration sponsored AWB -- so-called Assault Weapons Ban, are Malum prohibitum. Whereas, murder, rape, and theft are universally Malum in se. Thus, liberal Democrat and RINO sponsored gun control "laws" while being a legal statute, are most often unconstitutional and are Federal usurpation of the power of the peoples' right to keep and bear arms for self-defense against all enemies, foreign and domestic;...
State governments, through the power of States' rights as enshrined in the Tenth Amendment should also be a check to over-reaching Federal government who has abused the delegated powers of the Commerce Clause of the Constitution. Although, in reality the state helps to increase national power as it is in its own interest as well due to the "bribes" it receives from the Feds in the form of federal funding and Keynesian economics-based Pork-barrel legislation earmark subsidies.
The common citizen also has the power of:
- Voting - stop voting for the lesser of two evils and instead vote for real libertarian and/or conservative candidates who are neither Nanny state liberal Democrats, nor Police state RINOs.
- Voting with their feet (Strategic relocation of Walking to Freedom) to free states. Since three of the many important tenets of Modern Survivalism are Owning land is true wealth, Personal-Localized-Regional-State-National-Global and You are in control of your life, it may be wise to move away from the Naughty states to a liberty-loving Free state with Firearms freedom, Free markets and low population density. Examples of this include:
For help in finding a Free state look into these books:
- The Fourth Estate, meaning the "free press" exercising Freedom of the press is supposed in theory exert some checks and balances on the three branches of government. The problem with mainstream media journalism is that it is dominated by a very small number of massive media conglomerates. But the reality is that the mainstream media (television, cable news, newspapers) and its partner Hollywood have the following additional serious problems. Newspaper reports and mainstream media reports can be notoriously one-sided with a perspective that leaves out pertinent facts. The mainstream media-major networks and Big government-Welfare state-Nanny state-Police state and their Press secretaries are often involved in bias, media bias-liberal bias, journalistic bias, media blackout, media bullying, media censorship, media denial, media fluff, media hype, media hypocrisy, media tricks, propaganda, ad hominem, appeal to emotion, bullying, busybody ]], censorship, character assassination, condescension, confirmation bias, corruption, credential bullying, deceit, deliberate ignorance, demonization, dirty tricks, discrimination, disinformation, double standard, doublespeak, duplicity, elitism, emotional manipulation, entitlement mentality, environmental alarmism, false dilemma, fashion industry values, finger-pointing, fraud, gloating, gossip, harassment, hate, hate speech, Hollywood values, hostility, hypocrisy, ignorance, immorality, injustice, insanity, intellectual dishonesty, internet trolling, intolerance, last wordism, liberal inability to abstract, liberal thuggery, liberal anti-Christian hate, liberal apathy, liberal arrogance, liberal denial, liberal desensitizing, liberal fairness, liberal gullibility, liberal hate speech, liberal hypocrisy, liberal immaturity, liberal logic, liberal stupidity, malice, mendacity, mental illness, mindless equality, mockery, moral decline, moral relativism, namecalling, narcissism, network abuse, non sequitur, opposition to Christianity, oppression, paranoia, parody, periphrasis, persecution complex, personal attack, perversion, politicization of science, politics of personal destruction, prejudice, professor nitpicking, professor values, projection, promiscuity, propaganda, psychobabble, psychological manipulation, public school tyranny, race baiting, racism, red herring, rejection of science, relativism, reverse racism, revisionism, San Francisco values, selective citation, self-deception, selfishness, sexual immorality, siege mentality, sin denial, socially destructive behavior, sophistry, special pleading, treachery, treason, vandalism, vanity, violence, wishful thinking, etc.)
To make matters worse, the octogenarian liberal gun-grabbing Democrat elitist Senator Dianne Feinstein of San Francisco, California has recently proposed restricting the meaning of "journalist" to exclude blogers and podcastrs, even though they may have a larger audience than many lamestream media journalists.
May 3rd, 2014 is World Press Freedom Day. Make sure you stop by http://CFAPA.org to get your set of free Press Credentials.
Average U.S. household spends more on federal regulations than for health care, food or transportation
BY MARK TAPSCOTT | APRIL 29, 2014
|“||Here's a sobering fact likely known to few Americans outside of the nation's capital: The federal government is the only government on earth that collects more than $1 trillion in taxes annually. That's not unexpected since the U.S. also has the biggest single national economy in the world. It stands to reason the most productive economy would generate the most tax revenue. But there is another way to look at that data point. Are there additional costs to Americans as a result of what the federal government does with its trillions in tax revenues?||”|
10,000 (very costly) Commandments
|“||Wayne Crews of the Competitive Enterprise Institute provides a definitive answer to that question today with publication of the latest edition of his annual compilation, "10,000 Commandments: An annual snapshot of the federal regulatory state." Crews estimates the annual cost of compliance with the record number of new federal rules and regulations issued under President Obama at $1.863 trillion. That works out to a $14,974 "hidden tax" every year for the average U.S. household. That's 23 percent of the $65,596 annual average household income in America.||”|
You can't do that! Or that! Or that!
|“||Just how well-chosen is Crews' title is seen in another data point produced for the 2014 edition of his study: Congress passed and Obama signed 72 new laws in 2013. The federal bureaucracy to date has issued 3,659 rules to implement those new laws. The Federal Register in 2013 devoted 26,417 pages just to publishing the new rules. That's the most ever in a single year. In all, the Federal Register published 79,311 pages in 2013, the fourth-highest annual total ever. Four of the five highest-ever annual page counts have occurred under Obama. That's why the average American family now spends more to pay for federal regulatory compliance than it does for health care, food, transportation, entertainment and savings.||”|
"We have reached a point of diminishing returns in our public life. Hardly anything actually needs doing. We may in fact be past that point; not only does nothing much need doing, but we'd benefit if much of what has been done were to be undone." - John Derbyshire
- Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights
- Oath Keepers
- Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA)
- Sheriff Richard Mack - Oath Keepers
- Fourth Amendment
- Oath for federal officials
- Oath for federal judges
- Police states-Nanny states violate the United States Constitution-Bill of Rights (especially Second Amendment and Fourth Amendment) and Citizen's Unalienable rights
Second Amendment Defenders of American Liberty
- CalGuns Foundation - CGF
- California Right To Carry - Home of the only lawsuit seeking to restore Loaded Open Carry to California - http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=110
- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms - http://www.ccrkba.org
- Gun Owners' Action League
- Gun Owners of America - GOA
- Gun Owners of California - https://www.gunownersca.com
- Handgun Club of America
- Idaho State Rifle and Pistol Association - http://idahosrpa.org, http://idahosrpa.org/membership-options/?choose
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership http://www.jpfo.org
- Law Enforcement Alliance of America
- Liberty Belles
- National Association for Gun Rights
- National Shooting Sports Foundation - NSSF
- Oregon Firearms Federation - http://www.oregonfirearms.org
- Montana Shooting Sports Association - MSSA
- National Rifle Association - NRA
- Oath Keepers
- Oregon State Shooting Association - OSSA http://ossa.org
- Pink Pistols
- Saint Gabriel Possenti Society
- Second Amendment Foundation - SAF
- Second Amendment Sisters - http://www.2asisters.org
- Students for Concealed Carry - http://concealedcampus.org
- Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association - WSRPA - http://wsrpa.org
- Western Wyoming Riflemans Association Inc. PO Box 605, Afton, WY 83110 - http://www.wwra.us
- Wyoming Gun Owners - http://wyominggunowners.org
- Wyoming State Shooting Association - http://wyossa.com
- "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." — Thomas Jefferson, letter to nephew Peter Carr, 1785 as collected in The Papers of Thomas Jefferson. It was part of a longer section in which Jefferson touted the benefits of physical exercise (such as walking or shooting) in ensuring both bodily health and mental health. http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/exercise.asp, http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/exercise, http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/06/03/thomas-jefferson-on-guns-character. Accessed May 4, 2014
- See Appleseed training from the Revolutionary War Veterans of America
- "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a [[rifle behind every blade of grass." Attributed to Isoroku Yamamoto, Fleet Admiral of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II
- Malum prohibitum - LII / Legal Information Institute - Cornell University Law School. Retrieved on 19 May 2010.
- Malum in se - LII / Legal Information - Cornell University Law School. Retrieved on 19 May 2010.
Find the corresponding Survival Podcast episode
Relevant TSP Episodes
- TSP Episode 1237 - The Rising American Police State
- TSP Episode 602 - Stewart Rhodes from Oath Keepers on Restoring the Republic
- TSP Episode 1237 - [How Most Americans are Little more than Proud Slaves ]