||Nickname||Heart of Dixie; Camellia State
|Governor||Robert Bentley, R|
|Senator||Richard Shelby, R |
|Senator||Jeff Sessions, R
||Ratification of Constitution/or statehood||December 14, 1819|
|Motto: Audemus jura nostra defendere (We dare defend our rights)|
Alabama is located in the Southeastern region of the United States and on December 14th, 1819 it became the twenty-second state to enter the union.
Civil War History
Alabama seceded from the union and on January 11th, 1861 and on February 8th of that year became one of founding members of the Confederate States of America. After the American Civil War, Alabama was readmitted into the union in 1868.
The capital of Alabama is Montgomery and its largest city is Birmingham. Alabama is a red state which tends favor Republicans in elections, particularly on a national level.  The current governor of Alabama is Robert Bentley, a Republican. Alabama's current Senators are Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions, both of whom are Republicans.
Alabama is the nation's fourth largest producer of automobiles, and much of Alabama's economic growth is tied to increases in its domestic manufacturing base. Alabama also has a robust agricultural sector, producing over 12% of the nation's chicken, along with large amounts of cattle, cotton, and eggs. Early, in Alabama's history, cotton was the dominant force in the state's economy, but by 1915 farmers had diversified their crops in response to the Boll Weevil, a parasite that targets cotton plants. Alabama also has access to bituminous coal, natural gas, and petroleum reserves. 
Notable People from Alabama
- Hank Aaron, who held the Major League Baseball record for most home runs hit until 2007, is from Mobile.
- Hugo Black, Senator from Alabama who was nominated to the Supreme Court by Franklin Roosevelt and served on the Court from 1937 to 1971, was born in Ashland.
- Helen Keller, activist for the disabled and in various causes, was born in Tuscumbia.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., a civil rights activist, lived in Montgomery.
- Joe Louis, a boxer who is the only famous athlete to be buried in Arlington Cemetery, lived in Lafayette.
- Rosa Parks, a civil rights activist who became famous for refusing to give up her bus seat to a white passenger, lived in Tuskegee.
- Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State in the George W. Bush Administration, was born in Birmingham.
Audemus jura nostra defendere is the state motto, which translated from Latin means "We dare defend our rights". It is reminiscent of Alabama's role in the Confederate States of America while it was fighting for State's rights.
Alabama's World War Three Target Structures
Primary: Gunter AFB (Montgomery), Maxwell AFB (Montgomery), Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville).
Secondary: Anniston, Birmingham, Selma, and Mobile. Tertiary: Gadsden, Childersburg, Tuscaloosa, and Phenix City (Columbus GA.)
Naughty State List
- Big Government-Police State-Nanny State-Welfare State-Statist - Walking to Freedom#Naughty List
- Vote with your feet
- Strategic relocation
- Free State Project
- Brink of Freedom
- American Redoubt - Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Eastern Oregon, Eastern Washington
- Free State Wyoming - Molon Labe! by Boston T. Party
- Strategic Relocation-North American Guide to Safe Places by Joel Skousen
- Rawles on Retreats and Relocation by James Wesley Rawles
- Cumberland Redoubt - Tennessee and Kentucky
- Texas Redoubt - Jack Spirko's State
- 25 word quotation: Fair Use Source: Rawles, James Wesley. Rawles on Retreats and Relocation. Chapter 9 World War Three Target Structures, 1st. Clearwater, Idaho: The Clearwater Press, 2007. p. 60. Print. see James Wesley Rawles on Fair Use
- http://www.survivalblog.com/retreatareas.html Recommended Retreat Areas accessed March 30, 2014
- http://walkingtofreedom.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0 Accessed March 28, 2014
- http://www.rollcall.com/50richest/the-50-richest-members-of-congress-112th-2012.html Accessed March 29, 2014
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_richest_American_politicians Accessed March 29, 2014
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_members_of_the_United_States_Congress_by_wealth Accessed March 29, 2014
- http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie Accessed March 28, 2014
Find the corresponding Survival Podcast episode
Relevant TSP Episodes
- TSP Episode 1237 - The Rising American Police State
- TSP Episode 602 - Stewart Rhodes from Oath Keepers on Restoring the Republic