See also Youtube survival videos
There are many survival books to choose from, but here are some standard works.
- Making the Best of Basics – First released in 1971, the new 11th edition, it is written for a generation even further and more remotely separated from the skills of pioneers of America’s frontiers.
- Tom Brown’s Guide to City and Suburban Survival (Field Guide)
- AF Regulation 64-4, The Army Survival Training Book - Perhaps the quintessential work on survival, this book is where many other books get all of their information from. It is packed full of excellent information.
- How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It - Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times -
A detailed guide to family preparedness for turbulent times
- SAS Survival Guide - One of the best survival guides available, it also comes in a pocket version which is excellent for inclusion in a bug-out bag.
- SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman
- When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving the Long Emergency by Matthew Stein
- 299 Days - is a series of novels that are based around an economic collapse as opposed to a EMP attack. by Glen Tate
Find the corresponding Survival Podcast episode: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:thesurvivalpodcast.com+Ayn+Rand
- Expatriates - A Novel of the Coming Global Collapse by James Wesley Rawles - A contemporaneous sequel to "Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse". This novel is set in Florida, Australia, and The Philippines. It is also available in hardcover, as a survival e-book, and as a survival audio book. It is set in the same time-frame as his others, but features different characters and substantially different locales. His goal with this novel was to show the global ramifications of the economic collapse. The Publisher describes it: "When the United States suffers a major socioeconomic collapse, a power vacuum sweeps the globe. A newly radicalized Islamic government rises to power in Indonesia, invades the Philippines, East Timor, Papua New Guinea, and finally northern Australia. No longer protected by American military interests, Australia must repel an invasion alone. In the thick of these political maneuvers, an American family of missionaries living in the Philippines and a Texan petroleum engineer in Australia must face the fear of being strangers in a world in flux. Are their relatives back home healthy and safe? Will they ever see them again? In its depiction of the authentic survivalist skills and techniques needed to survive a global socioeconomic meltdown, Expatriates is as informative as it is suspense-filled." 336 Pages / ISBN-10: 0525953906 / ISBN-13: 978-0525953906 
Find the corresponding Survival Podcast episode: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:thesurvivalpodcast.com+Episode+James+Wesley+Rawles http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/tag/james-wesley-rawles
- Founders - A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles - The book reached #4 Amazon.com's rankings. - A contemporaneous sequel to "Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse". ISBN-10: 143917282X or ISBN-13: 978-1439172827
- Going Home Series - is a series of novels about an EMP attack that finds a man from Florida over a hundred miles from home. The story follows his journey home (see Get Home Bag), life at home, and having to leave for more security. Contains scenarios involving the actions of military personal in such a scenario. Written by Angry American.
- Lights Out - is a novel about a man and his neighborhood coming together after an EMP attack. Contains many scenarios concerning home defense and community organization. Written by David Crawford.
- One Second After - is a novel about a small town in North Carolina and the aftermath of a large scale EMP attack on the United States. This book covers the affects of the loss of long term medical supplies on people's day to day lives. Written by William R. Forstchen.
- Patriots - A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles - This fast-paced novel has been described as "a survival manual dressed as fiction." ISBN 978-1569755990.
- Survivors - A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles. - A contemporaneous sequel to JWR's first economic collapse novel, "Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse." This novel is set in the same time-frame as "Patriots", but in different locales, and with mostly different characters. The book reached #2 in Amazon.com's rankings, and #3 on the New York Times Bestseller List. ISBN-10: 1439172803 or ISBN-13: 978-1439172803.
See also Youtube permaculture videos
- Introduction to Permaculture by Bill Mollison with Reny Mia Slay - The first introduction by the co-creator of Permaculture, Bill Mollison.
- Permaculture: A Designer's Manual by Bill Mollison - Often called the definitive guide to Permaculture writing by co-creator Bill Mollison, this book is often used as the textbook used in most Permaculture Design Courses (PDC).
- Gaia's Garden by Toby Hemenway - Considered by many to be one of the best books in Permaculture. If a PDC is not using Permaculture: A Designer's Manual as a textbook, it is using this one. Even when not used as the primary text book for a PDC this class is often referenced and on the recommended reading list.
- Edible Forest Gardens - One of the most thorough references for a permaculturist in North America's temperate climate. It is one of the few books on Permaculture which is not simply restating what has already been written. Instead it is intended for someone who already understands Permaculture. This book not only explains how to fill the niches needed in the design of properties, it includes a vast amount of information on over 600 plants and how they fill various niches.
- The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture by Nicole Faires - While this may not be the best Permaculture book when compared to all of the above, the distinct advantage of this book is its price. For the introduction to permaculture you get from this book it can often be found for significantly less than most of the books above in this list, anywhere from 50% to 85% less than some of the books above. Don't let the low price scare you off. This book is a great entry point to get a basic understanding of Permaculture without having to make a large investment.
- Sepp Holzer's Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening by Sepp Holzer
See also Youtube gardening videos
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible: Discover Ed’s High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions
Food Storage and Cooking
- Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Vinegar, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation by The Gardeners and Farmers of Centre Terre Vivante
See also Youtube homesteading videos
- Strategic Relocation-North American Guide to Safe Places, 3rd Edition by Joel Skousen
See also Youtube natural building videos
See also Youtube firearms videos
- Ultimate Sniper 2006 : An Advanced Training Manual for Military and Police Snipers (2006 Updated Edition) by Maj. John L. Plaster
See also Youtube health videos
- The Survival Medicine Handbook: A guide for when help is NOT on the way by Joseph Alton and Amy Alton (Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy
- The Herbal Medicine-Maker’s Handbook: A Home Manual
- Where There Is No Vet by Bill Forse
- Wilderness Medicine, 5th Edition by Paul S. Auerbach
See also Youtube alternative energy videos
- Earth4Energy – This is a great product that teaches you exactly how to build several different alternative energy devices for a very low investment. These include a solar power system, a wind power system, sources of free batteries and more.
See also Youtube communications videos
The ARRL Operating Manual For Radio Amateurs (ARRL Operating Manual)
Passport to World Band Radio, 2009 Edition
See also Youtube politics videos
See also Youtube economics videos
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nick Taleb
- Invest in tangibles
- Youtube videos
- Members Support Brigade
- The Survival Podcast
- Herbal medicine
- Complementary medicine
- The Survival Podcast
- TSP Expert Council
- Member Support Brigade
- Members Support Brigade vendors
- YouTube Videos
- Survival Gear Resources
- Preparedness Links
- Survival Wikis
- Social media
- http://survivalblog.com/writings.html accessed January 17, 2014
- http://jjspirko.earth4.hop.clickbank.net accessed January 24, 2014