Disclaimers & Policies
Welcome to The Survival Podcast Wiki
Section One – Legal Disclaimer
TSP WIKI MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY; USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
TSP Wiki is a voluntary, collaborative effort to provide knowledge and information to the public. Like Wikipedia, the structure of this project permits anyone with electronic access to alter the content here. Nothing here has necessarily been reviewed or checked by anyone with expertise to ensure that it is accurate or reliable. USERS RELY ON INFORMATION HERE ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN RISK. The Survival Podcast, Jack Spirko, the TSP Wiki and its editors, contributors, sponsors, affiliates or anyone associated in any way with this project cannot guarantee the validity of any information found here, and shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any inaccurate or libelous information found here. Content of any given article may have been vandalized or modified by someone who lacks knowledge.
This information is being given to you gratuitously. There is no agreement or understanding between you and The Survival Podcast, Jack Spirko, or the TSP Wiki regarding your use or modification of information here, except that in using this website you fully accept and agree to this disclaimer for all past, present and future use. No one else associated with The Survival Podcast, Jack Spirko, or the TSP Wiki has any obligation in connection with the material you may contribute or edit to this site. Your contribution of information here irrevocably waives any personal claims to copyright that you may have in that information, except as provided in the TSP:Copyright disclaimer.
Nothing on this site can be deemed to be professional advice in any field. See an appropriate professional, such as an attorney or physician, if you need professional advice. Nothing here has necessarily been reviewed or checked by anyone with expertise to ensure that it is accurate or reliable.
It is entirely your obligation to independently verify any information that you obtain from this website, and in no event should you rely on any information found on this site except entirely at your own risk.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SURVIVAL PODCAST, JACK SPIRKO, or the TSP WIKI, ITS EDITORS, FOUNDERS, SPONSORS, CONTRIBUTORS, OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROJECT EVER BE LIABLE TO A USER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR PAIN AND SUFFERING, ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR OR ARISING OUT OF ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
1. The Survival Podcast is marketed as and in fact is “one man’s opinion”. This show is not nor should it or anything said on it or printed on its’ website be construed as “legal, tax or financial advice”. If you make investing or legal decisions after listening to this show it is recommended that you consult a qualified professional first. If you don’t the decision is yours and yours alone.
2. Every attempt is made to be accurate as to presenting “factual information” on both the broadcast and the website. That said totals exactly two people, myself and my wife. The amount of vetting we can do is limited and when we cite a well known news source we are doing just that, not independently reporting the story. Whenever they are deemed to be major mistakes corrections and retractions are published usually both in audio and print. If you feel something that effects you or your company is in error on any broadcast simply bring them to my attention and if verifiable I will correct them.
3. The Survival Podcast is not and should not be viewed as a “News Source”. While I often discuss current events and cite sources that are both conventional and unconventional media sources, once again the views expressed are the opinions of one man. While I always strive for accuracy I can and will be wrong at times, as any honest human will have to admit to.
4. If you choose to cite my show as a source for any piece of information you do so with the knowledge of the items expressed on this page. My show while informative and accurate is not “fact checked” by independent third parties (other then my listeners that do a good job of helping me “stay between the lines”). My show should not be used to make your point or prove you are right only as a form of entertainment and opinion. I assume no responsibility for anyone who uses my information from this show to influence the opinions of others.
Section Two – Distribution Policy
1. The Survival Podcast is freely distributed to all audiences who choose to listen to it and may be downloaded or replicated as desired for personal use.
2. Any commercial use is limited to no more then 120 seconds of content per segment and requires the user of said content to note this show, including our URL of www.thesurvivalpodcast.com as the source of the audio. For commercial use greater then 120 seconds per segment please contact me and I will review your request. In most instances such use will be approved with no fees charged. I simply wish to review any use greater then 2 minutes in length that will be utilized in commercial activities.
3. Non commercial distribution of this show from short segments to entire episodes or even many episodes is not only acceptable, it is encouraged. If you want to create CDs or MP3s and hand them out for no charge, go nuts. This information is freely given with the understanding that you advise recipients to read this page of our website to ensure they are aware of our disclaimers.
Section Three – Adult Language and Content Warnings
1. The Survival Podcast is not a “G” rated family friendly radio show. The host will get clearly angered at times and use what is commonly referred to as “adult language” including on very rare occasions the dreaded “F-bomb”, though such use is very rare indeed. However, as this show is marketed to adults the host will often state “when the shit hits the fan” rather then the customary “when the s hits the fan” of those who choose censor themselves.
2. The host of this show recognizes that many of our listeners may not “approve of” his use of phrases such as “bull shit” rather then the customary “B.S.” substitutions many others choose to use. However, we feel most sources of information are watered down and do not address the true nature of modern times.
3. All adult language is used to express genuine anger and or emphasis. Many individual shows won’t use any such language as it is not called for, other shows may use quite a bit. This use of language is simply to make the show authentic, it is never used for shock value or just because I can.
4. Please do not email me and state things such as “if you continue to use foul language I won’t listen to your show anymore”. I respect your opinion and hope you can look past the occasional adult word from time to time even if it is not what you would choose to use yourself. The show will not be altered though to accommodate individuals that take issue with such language. If you want sterilized and censored speech there are many sources of it.
5. We believe in freedom here, if you choose to listen to our show you do so as a free human being on planet earth and therefore we are not responsible for any “mental anguish”, “mental trauma”, “feeling of being offended” or any other emotional problems that you get from doing so.
Section Four – Comments, Forums and Free Speech
1. This site aspires to the ideals of “free speech”, however via use of this show and this website it is our speech that is protected as “free speech”, not yours. This show is owned by a private person and is used to express that individuals private individuals views, (hence the disclaimer of, “one man’s opinion”). Any belief that your personal right to “free speech” exists on this site, which is my personal property, is only an illusion.
2. In spite of item #1 above I try to make discussion available and uncensored. 99% of comments are approved unless they are SPAM comments or use what can only be called “hate speech”. Racial slurs for instance are not tolerated about any race, nor is hateful language about anyone’s religion or sexual orientation.
3. Even though we don’t allow hate speech we do allow reasonable speech. Hence most comments or posts that used terms such as “radical Muslims” or “illegal aliens”, etc. would be allowed. That is assuming that such terms -
~ Contributes constructively to the conversation
~ Are meant to identify a group of people rather then an entire segment of society (i.e. many Mexican Americans are not illegal and many illegal aliens are not of Mexican decent)
~ Are not intended as personal attacks on other people posting to the site
In short it is generally clear when statements are bigoted or hateful and such comments are not allowed at the discretion of the site owner and or his designated moderators.
4. The final decision about the publishing or deletion of any comment, post or any other form of communication is at the sole discretion of the site owner and or his designated moderators at any and all times. There is no “recourse” or “appeal process”. If you wish to publish something we won’t allow either create your own site and use your own resources or find a platform that allows your type communications.
5. All comments are moderated on the blog until the poster has made a few comments that are deemed appropriate. If your comment does not show up right away don’t worry, generally moderation is preformed several times a day during the week and at least twice a day on most weekends. All comments require a legitimate email address to be provided by the commenter. Your email address is used to notify you of responses to your comments or if the site owners need to contact you. It doesn’t place you on a mailing list and is never shared with the public or any other company or entity.
6. Linking to sites considered by site ownership or moderators as “hate sites” will not be permitted. While we certainly oppose “hate crime laws” as any criminal act is a criminal act and should be punished under the law of the land, we don’t endorse any true “hate group”. Hence if you wish to link to sites by “White Supremacists” or “The Black Panthers” or any such group find another place to do so. Again what constitutes a hate group or hate site is at the discretion of the site owner and or his designated moderators. Once again you have no free speech on this site as it is private personal property.
7. Commenters that get on a power trip and continue to “beat a dead horse” or start trying to cause arguments with the host or others just to be argumentative are considered trolls. Negative comments about a show, a guest, the host, etc are permitted and even encouraged but once made they have been heard and your point has been made. In short trolls and people who want to be a dick just for the sole purpose of being a dick are at risk of a site wide ban.
8. The use of well known mass market proxy servers are the hallmark of spammers and those whom have already been banned from the site. Such use will likely prevent comments from ever showing up. Like most Word Press Blogs we use Akismet to filter our spam. If you are using proxies many times your comment will go into spam hell and get deleted and we will never even know you made it. While there are legitimate reasons to use proxies 99.9% of all comments from them are pure spam and/or people who have already been banned as trouble makers. I don’t have time to dig though 4,500 Viagra comments a day to find the .1% that might fall into the cracks.
Adapted from Source: https://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/about-tspc/disclaimers-policies-2
Most materials are Copyright © 2014 The Survival Podcast owned by Jack Spirko. All Rights Reserved. One exception is the Zombie Squad Wiki materials under GNU Free Licensing.
Content ported from Zombie Squad Wiki is Licensed under GNU Free Documentation License 1.2
Much of the initial TSP Wiki content originated at the Zombie Squad Wiki, but has grown well beyond that.
The Zombie Squad Wiki content is [under GNU Free Documentation License 1.2] so materials from there are under the irrevocable GNU license and thus the licensor (in this case The Survival Podcast and its property, the TSP Wiki) cannot revoke these freedoms as long as one follows the GNU license terms. Any changes or improvement to those Zombie Squad articles ported over to TSP Wiki would be copyrighted by The Survival Podcast.