Police State is a term used to describe a government that has imposed ruthless and restrictive measures over its citizens. The measures can include heavy surveillance, repression of free speech and freedom of religion, rigid rules in terms of association, government control over the media and political tyranny.
Quotes about the Police State - Nanny State
- "Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state wants to live at the expense of everyone." -- Frederic Bastiat
- "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy…" -- Alexander Fraser Tytler, Scottish lawyer and writer, 1770
- "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." – C. S. Lewis
- "There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him." - Robert Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
- "The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” - Robert Heinlein
- Dr. Ben Carson declares: "Black America Must Reject the Welfare State." Carson says Obama is turning America into a “third world nation” by creating unsustainable levels of federal government debt.
- "In politics, few talents are as richly rewarded as the ability to convince parasites that they are victims. Welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic have discovered that largesse to losers does not reduce their hostility to society, but only increases it. Far from producing gratitude, generosity is seen as an admission of guilt, and the reparations as inadequate compensation for injustices – leading to worsening behavior by the recipients." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Incremental Gun-Grabbing of the Police State/Nanny State
Liberals and socialist support "common sense" measures - a "good first step" of the Police state-Nanny State. To a citizen-prepper-patriot and to the Bill of Rights, this is "death by a thousand paper cuts".
This Second Amendment Foundation video is the formal response to Hollywood's Demand a Plan gun-grabbing propaganda video. The video shows one of the main differences between liberal gun control Nanny states (Blue states) and conservative and/or libertarian Second Amendment-supporting "free states" (Red states). This video shows why we vote with our feet:
Naughty State List
See main article Naughty state
Police states are inclined to placed on the naughty state list. Often the first step in the creation of a police state is mandatory gun registration and gun control leading to gun confiscation and disarming the citizens. This civilian disarmament followed by summary execution and then genocide happened in Turkey from 1911, the Soviet Union from 1929, China from 1935, Germany from 1938, Cambodia from 1956, Guatemala from 1964, Uganda from 1970 under Idi Amin, Argentina from 1976, Bosnia-Herzegovina from 1992, Sierra Leone from 2000, Darfur from 2006. All communist countries (Vietnam, North Korea, Cuba, etc) and many socialist-tendency countries such as Great Britain, France, Canada and Australia have disarmed their populace.
Disarmed citizens of a police state can more easily be deemed enemy combatants or potential "terrorists" and subjected to summary execution by Executive Order is the punishment of choice for a wide variety of offenses, both criminal and political, under the rule of a dictator.
- Republican Party (Alex Barron calls it "The Police State Party")
- Nanny State
- Welfare State
- Gun control
- Law enforcement officer and Sheriff
- Oath Keepers
- Fourth Amendment
- Oath for federal officials
- Oath for federal judges
- Police states-Nanny states violate the United States Constitution-Bill of Rights (especially Second Amendment and Fourth Amendment) and Citizen's Unalienable rights
- The True Face of Gun Control, Dean Speir, The Gun Zone RKBA, Accessed March 28, 2014
- http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/when-a-republican-murders-u-s-citizens by Ted Nugent Accessed March 28, 2014
- "Few things are as dangerous to American liberty as the proposition that the government should be able to kill citizens anywhere in the world on the basis of legal standards and evidence that are never submitted to a court, either before or after the fact. Anyone willing to trust President Obama with the power to secretly declare an American citizen an enemy of the state and order his extrajudicial killing should ask whether they would be willing to trust the next president with that dangerous power." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/us-targeted-killings-eric-holder_n_1320515.html Accessed March 28, 2014
Find the corresponding Survival Podcast episode