Edward J. Snowden
Edward J. Snowden (Born June 21, 1983) is a libertarian American Patriot whistleblower IT specialist and a former employee of defense contractor Booz Allen Hamilton (a contractor for the National Security Agency). In June 2013 Snowden embarrassed Barack Obama by revealing the mass Police state domestic surveillance program known as "PRISM,". This is a draconian Internet snooping program run by the National Security Agency, as constituted by former President George W. Bush and greatly expanded by [[Fabian socialist President Barack Obama. Snowden explained to shocked Americans that the National Security Agency had in effect built a dossier on every man, woman and child in the United States of America, and probably beyond borders.
The revelations made Snowden Obama's nemesis, and Obama has neglected most other issues, notably the downfall of the Muslim Brotherhood government in Egypt in his pursuit of the young man. At one point, Obama had Evo Morales, the prime minister of Bolivia detained in an inept attempt to intercept Snowden.
- "I will be satisfied if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible [[executive orders|executive powers that rule the world that I love are revealed even for an instant."
The liberal Washington Post quotes him as saying:
- "Allowing the U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is contrary to the public interest."
After leaking the information in question, Snowden stayed in Hong Kong for a while; he then left China and went to Russia en route to seeking asylum in Ecuador. Snowden was apparently travelling on a passport that had been revoked.  The Wikileaks organization has helped Snowden to stay ahead of Obama's grasp.  The president of Ecuador Rafael Correa explained that Snowden cannot go to Ecuador. As of July 6, 2013, Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro had offered asylum to Snowden.
Republican Police state advocate John Boehner called Snowden a "traitor" who committed a "giant violation of the law" that put Americans at risk. Numerous other high ranking officials have hawkishly demanded his extradition from the People's Republic of China. From China, however, reactions have been supportive, with calls by politicians, and various civil liberties organizations, to implore Beijing to block extradition attempts, on grounds of national security.
While many blasted Snowden, conservative Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, a member of the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee and one of the chamber's most conservative members, said, "it's going to be an open question how this young man is judged." "If he goes to an independent third country like Iceland and if he refuses to talk to any sort of formal government about this, I think there's a chance that he'll be seen as an advocate of [[[unalienable]]] privacy."  Chicago Tribune
- "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson
- Edward Snowden
- Bradley Manning
- Julian Assange and WikiLeaks
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Obamunism Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism, Obamageddon
- Big Government-Welfare State-Nanny State-Police State: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist Naughty States
- National Security Agency)
- domestic surveillance PRISM Police state
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora. Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services.
- Open source Free software not Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- You & the Police! by Boston T. Party
- Modern Survivalism: "if times get tough, or even if then don't", Debt is financial cancer, Tax is theft, Renewable energy, Financial security, You are in control of your life
- Invest in tangibles - Precious Metals, Copper-jacketed lead and Firearms
- Permaculture: Growing your own food, Food and water storage, PermaEthos and Permie Kids
- Vote with your feet - Strategic relocation: Owning land is true wealth and Personal-Localized-Regional-State-National-Global - Move to a Free state with Firearms freedom and free markets
- American Redoubt - Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Eastern Oregon, Eastern Washington
- Free State Wyoming - Molon Labe! by Boston T. Party and Free State Project - New Hampshire
- Strategic Relocation-North American Guide to Safe Places by Joel Skousen
- Rawles on Retreats and Relocation by James Wesley Rawles
- Cumberland Redoubt - Tennessee and Kentucky - M.D. Creekmore
- Texas Redoubt - Jack Spirko's State
- Bilton, Ricardo.“PRISM fears give private search engine DuckDuckGo its best week ever.”VentureBeat.2013-06-13. http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/13/prism-fears-give-private-search-engine-duckduckgo-its-best-week-ever/
- Daws, Ryan.“Looking to hide online? PRISM-break shows you how.”Telecoms Tech.2013-06-14. http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2013/jun/14/looking-hide-online-prism-break-shows-you-how/
- Downey, Sarah A.“You can’t stop the NSA from tracking you, but you can make it harder.”Abine: The Online Privacy Blog.2013-06-13. https://www.abine.com/blog/2013/you-cant-stop-the-nsa-from-tracking-you-but-you-can-mess-up-their-data/
- Garcia, Oskar.“NSA Revelations Reframe Digital Life for Some.”ABC News.2013-07-22. http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/06/17/identi_ca_diaspora_and_friendica_are_more_secure_alternatives_to_facebook.html
- Glaser, April, and Libby Reinish.“How to Block the NSA From Your Friends List.”Slate.2013-06-17. http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/06/17/identi_ca_diaspora_and_friendica_are_more_secure_alternatives_to_facebook.html
- Jolly, Jennifer.“TECH NOW: How to fly under the radar online”USA TODAY.2013-06-30. http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2013/jun/14/looking-hide-online-prism-break-shows-you-how/
- Khazan, Olga.“The Creepy, Long-Standing Practice of Undersea Cable Tapping.”The Atlantic.2013-07-16. http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/07/the-creepy-longstanding-practice-of-undersea-cable-tapping/277855/
- Keiser, Max.“Site of the day: prism-break.org.”Max Keiser Financial War Reports.2013-06-11. http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/06/site-of-the-day-prism-break-org/
- Khanse, Anand.“Opt Out Of PRISM website launched; recommends alternative software & services”TWCN Tech News.2013-06-16. http://news.thewindowsclub.com/opt-out-of-prism-website-launched-63420/
- Lopez, Alfredo.“The Snowden Controversy and Our Legacy of Choices”Counterpunch.2013-07-03. http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/07/03/the-snowden-controversy-and-our-legacy-of-choices/
- Love, Dylan.“How To Become Invisible To The NSA's Domestic Spying Program”Business Insider.2013-06-16. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-opt-out-of-prism-2013-6
- Luckerson, Victor.“The Anonymous Internet: Privacy Tools Grow in Pop.text-blockarity Following NSA Revelations”TIME.com.2013-06-20. http://business.time.com/2013/06/20/the-anonymous-internet-privacy-tools-grow-in-pop.text-blockarity-following-nsa-revelations/
- Midlane, Thomas.“Why Is the Media So Silent About the Content of Edward Snowden's NSA Leaks?”The Huffington Post UK.2013-07-05. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/thomas-midlane/nsa-leaks-edward-snowden_b_3504750.html
- Neagle, Colin.“How to opt out of PRISM, the NSA’s spying program.”Network World.2013-06-10. https://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/how-opt-out-prism-nsas-spying-program
- Phipps, Simon.“How to break out of PRISM.”InfoWorld.2013-06-14. http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source-software/how-break-out-of-prism-220733
- Rogoff, Zak.“Protect your freedom and privacy; join us in creating an Internet that's safer from surveillance.”Free Software Foundation.2013-07-18. https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/surveillance
- Rudkowski, Luke.“How to Opt-Out of Prism.”wearechange.org.2013-08-12.
- Sawyer, Richard.“21st Century Industrial Complexes, part 2: Surveillance, Cyber-Spying and the National Stasi Agency.”Sott.net.2013-06-27. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEiNbbU8vvQ
- SkyMarshal.“Prism Break.”Hacker News.2013-07-09. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6010803
- Walton, Zach.“Don’t Trust Tech Companies With Your Data? Use These Alternatives.”WebProNews2013-06-10. http://www.webpronews.com/dont-trust-tech-companies-with-your-data-use-these-alternatives-2013-06
- Wheatley, Mike “How To Get Out Of PRISM and Avoid NSA Spying”SiliconANGLE.2013-06-12 http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/06/12/how-to-get-out-of-prism-and-avoid-nsa-spying/
- “How to opt out of PRISM, the NSA’s global data surveillance program.”Reddit.2013-06-10. http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/1g1sxa/how_to_opt_out_of_prism_the_nsas_global_data/
- Meet the NSA leaker, Human Events
- Edward Snowden comes forward as source of NSA leaks, Washington Post
- "US revokes NSA leaker Edward Snowden's passport, as he reportedly seeks asylum in Ecuador," Fox News, 23 June 2013
- "With WikiLeaks' Help, NSA Leaker Snowden Seeks Asylum In Ecuador Via Moscow," Forbes, 23 June 2013
- Boehner describes NSA leaker as 'traitor'