From The TSP Survival Wiki
Revision as of 04:43, 30 March 2017 by Alex Shrugged
Contributed by Alex Shrugged
Contributed by Southpaw Ben
Contributed by Someone
- My Take by Someone
- -- Supermodels... Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum. 
- -- In Comedy... Dave Chappelle, Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy), Seth Meyers (SNL), and Kristen Wiig (SNL). 
- -- In TV... Tori Spelling (90210). 
- -- In Sports... Terrell Owens. 
This Year in Film
- The Sting: Con men seek revenge for the murder of their old friend. Ragtime music becomes popular again. 
- The Exorcist: Linda Blair plays a girl possessed by the devil. The music "Tubular Bells" becomes popular. 
- American Graffiti: Young people coming of age. These young actors are future big names: Harrison Ford, Richard Dryfus, Ron Howard and more. 
This Year in TV
- The Six Million Dollar Man: Bionic implants give a former astronaut superhuman strength. 
- Kojak: Actor Telly Savalas becomes the icon for American shoot-em-up TV. 
- Schoolhouse Rock!: A series of educational, animated shorts. (Effective.--alexshrugged) 
This Year in Music
- Angie: The Rolling Stones. 
- Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round the Old Oak Tree: Tony Orlando & Dawn. 
- Crocodile Rock: Elton John. 
- The OPEC Oil Crisis is crushing record sales: Oil products are used to make plastic records. 
This Year in Video Games
- Pong clones dominate: Sega and Midway license Pong from Atari. 
- NOTE: Various jukebox and arcade game companies are scrambling to take advantage of the growing video game craze.
In Other News
These are events under consideration.
- The OPEC oil embargo triggers an energy crisis: . 
- The Yom Kippur War begins: This is the 4th and largest Arab–Israeli conflict. 
- Rowe vs Wade Abortion Ruling - The Supreme Court removes the power of states to prohibit abortions and sets standards for the viability of a fetus. America will learn what a fetus is, what a trimester is and forget what "viability" means. 
- The US Dollar is Devalued - President Nixon devalues the dollar 10%. This is the second devaluation of the dollar. 
- Federal Express Delivers - FedEx begins operations. The founder, Fred Smith, got a "C" on his original paper proposing an overnight delivery service by air. 
- Nixon says "I am not a crook.": Only crooks feel compelled to say that. 
- Nixon fires Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox: Calls for Nixon's impeachment ensues. It also sets up Robert Bork to be denied a place on the Supreme Court years later. 
- It's LITE Beer - The Miller Brewing Company introduces Lite Beer... "Great Taste...Less Filling!" 
- The Endangered Species Act is passed into law: . 
- The Tran-Alaska Pipeline is approved: Carabou celebrate. 
- The World Trade Center Opens - It will be attacked with a truck bomb in 1975 and then collapse when two hijacked airplanes will crash into the towers in 2001. 
- Indian activists hold off federal authorities at Wounded Knee... again: .
- Coal Shortages Force a 3-Day Work Week - A coal miner's strike forces the UK government to reduce the work week to 3 days in order to conserve commercial electricity usage from coal-burning power plants. Television stations are required to shutdown by 10:30 PM. 
- 1.6 million UK workers stop working: They are protesting the Government's anti-inflation policy. 
- The PIRA explode bombs in Whitehall and the Old Bailey: . 
- Skylab becomes the 1st US Space Station: . 
- Pioneer 10 sends back pictures of Jupiter: . 
- Comet Kohoutek is discovered: . 
- ATMs are Patented - The patent for the first Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) is granted. 
This Year in Wikipedia
Year 1973, Wikipedia.
- 1973 Births - Wikipedia.
- Monica Lewinsky - Wikipedia.
- 1973 in film - Wikipedia (2017). Retrieved on 27 January 2017.
- 1973 in television - Wikipedia (2017).
- 1973 in music - Wikipedia (2017). Retrieved on 30 January 2017.
- 1973 in music - Wikipedia (1973).
- 1973 - Wikipedia.
- Roe v. Wade - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Dollar Devalued 10 Per Cent; Japan Decides to Float Yen. The Harvard Crimson. 1973-Feb-13. quote: "The United States last night devalued the dollar by 10 per cent in an effort to solve the international monetary crisis. It was the second dollar devaluation in little over a year."
- FedEx Express - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Paris Peace Accords - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- G. Gordon Liddy - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Vida's First Commercial (with G. Gordon Liddy), YouTube.com, Uploaded: 2008-Sep-24. (VIDEO)
- Miller Lite - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- World Trade Center - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Three-Day Week - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Donald Wetzel - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Laporte, Leo. (interviewer) Triangulation 143: Marty Cooper. YouTube.com. 2014-Mar-17. Time mark: 7 minutes 30 seconds into the interview. (VIDEO)
- Martin Cooper (inventor) - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Joel S. Engel - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]