The London Police and Racy Romance Novels
London has 15,000 streetlamps, but they throw a feeble light. Frankly you won't see gas-lamps on the streets until hoop-skirts disappear at the turn of the century. Public drunkenness and crime is on the rise. One takes his life in his hands going out at night and instead of using a whistle to call for help, people swing a clacker or grogger... a wooden ratchet that makes noise as it turns. This device is still in use on the Jewish holiday of Purim (POOR-um). With all this crime and noise going on in London, WHERE ARE THE POLICE? The government is depending on the power of citizen arrest and offering rewards to turn in known criminals. London residents hire watchmen and bodyguards to repel the riff-raft and they hire private detectives to solve crimes petty crimes... until now. Henry Fielding is a magistrate who has taken it upon himself to organize the first London police force. It will begin with 6 men and they won't be patrolling. They will be issuing writs and official demands from the magistrate out of his Bow Street office. Thus the new policemen will be called the Bow Street Runners. (They actually hate this name, but what can you do?) Funding will be sketchy, but their work will draw government attention to the need for public law enforcement. It won't be long before a force with recognizable police duties will be established.     
Henry Knox and Logistics, Logistics, Logistics
Henry Knox is born this year to a Scotch-Irish parents in Boston, Massachusetts. Knox will be mostly self-educated. He will open a bookshop in Boston and become a witness to the Boston Massacre while trying to convince the British soldiers to return to their barracks. His bookshop will specialize in military history, and in reading his own product, he will become an expert in military strategy. As the American Revolution gets started, Knox will suggest to General George Washington that he could bring the cannons south from Fort Ticonderoga for use at the Siege of Boston. Washington will approve Colonel Knox's plan... which will include an INSANE journey in the middle of winter moving several tons of cannon through the snow and ice over hundreds of miles. He will seal his legend by SUCCEEDING and eventually be promoted to Major General. He will follow Washington from battle to battle, managing the artillery logistics. When the United States is formed, Henry Knox will be appointed as the first Secretary of War.  
Hassidic Judaism is Founded
The Polish Rabbi's name is not as well know as his special title is: the Baal Shem Tov (BAH-AWL SHEM TOHV). The Rabbi disagrees with the rote Jewish educational methods. He emphasizes the spiritual over the ritual (although he does ritual just fine.) An entire new movement of Judaism is established called Hassidic Judaism (or Pious Judaism). It is a charismatic movement and when the Rabbi dies, the movement will split into several subgroups which will move in various directions promoting Jewish mysticism.  
This Year in Wikipedia
Year 1750, Wikipedia.
- Besant, Walter. London in the eighteenth century. Harper.
- Cornwell, Patricia Daniels (2003). "Chapter 9: The Dark Lantern", Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper, Case Closed. New York: Berkley Books. ISBN 0425192733. “London was protected by night watchmen armed with staves, lanterns, and wooden noisemakers called rattles that made a startling clack-clack-clack sound when the head was spun. It wasn't until 1750 that times began to change. Henry Fielding, better known as an author than a magistrate, gathered a faithful group of constables under his command. With £400 allotted by the government, Fielding formed the first squadron of 'thief-takers.'”
- Thief-taker - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Henry Fielding - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Bow Street Runners - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. Gutenberg.org (2016). Retrieved on 22 March 2016.
- Grun, Bernard. The Timetables of History: A Horizontal Linkage of People and Events. Simon and Schuster, 346-347.
- Henry Knox - Wikipedia (2016). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “Called by historian Victor Brooks 'one of the most stupendous feats of logistics' of the entire war, Knox's effort is commemorated by a series of plaques marking the Henry Knox Trail in New York and Massachusetts.”
- Ron Paul wants gold at Fort Knox audited. money.cnn.com (June 24, 2011). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “Paul called a congressional hearing Thursday to grill federal officials about his bill to audit and inventory all of the gold reserves at Fort Knox, Ky., West Point, N.Y., and Denver, even though Treasury officials insist that the gold is audited annually and is all there.”
- Rand Paul talks 2016 plans, Senate majority, bi-partisanship and marijuana. legacy.whas11.com (December 8, 2014). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “'I don't know,' (Rand) Paul continued. 'I think auditing our resources in general or auditing the federal reserve, auditing the pentagon and knowing where our resources are - what we spend what we haven't, but I don't suspect some great conspiracy that the gold has disappeared or anything like that.'”
- United States Bullion Depository - Wikipedia (2016). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “The Gold Vault was completed in December 1936 for US $560,000.”
- Fake gold hits NYC. New York Post (September 23, 2012). Retrieved on 23 March 2016.
- Tungsten-Filled 10 Oz Gold Bar Found In The Middle Of Manhattan's Jewelry District. Zero Hedge (September 18, 2012). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “However, when a 10 ounce 999.9 gold bar bearing the stamp of the reputable Swiss Produits Artistiques Métaux Précieux (PAMP, with owner MTP) and a serial number (serial #038892, likely rehypothecated in at least 10 gold ETFs across the world but that's a different story), mysteriously emerges in the heart of the world's jewerly district located on 47th street in Manhattan, things get real quick.”
- Baal Shem Tov - Wikipedia (2016). Retrieved on 23 March 2016. “Besht did not combat the practice of rabbinical Judaism; it was the spirit of the practice which he opposed. His teachings being the result not of speculation, but of a deep, religious temperament, he laid stress upon a religious spirit, and not upon the forms of religion. Though he considered the Law to be holy and inviolable, and emphasized the importance of Torah-study, he held that one’s entire life should be a service of God, and that this would constitute true worship of Him.”