The Return of the King and Sanctuary Cities
The former Queen of England, Margaret of Anjou, must spearhead the rebellion against the Yorkists. She and "Warwick the Kingmaker" attack King Edward the 4th of England forcing him and his eldest son to flee to Flanders in a small boat. Left behind are his princess-daughters and his pregnant wife, Queen Elizabeth. She makes a claim of sanctuary at Westminster Abby. (Sanctuary allows one to avoid the king's wrath by asking for the protection of the Church.) In the crypt of a church, the Queen gives birth to a baby boy, Edward. King Henry the 6th is returned to the throne. He will die of "grief" next year... a short 6 months away... after King Edward retakes the throne and King Henry's son, the Prince of Wales, is killed in battle.     
Game of Thrones: The Last Feudal Battle
Trial by combat is not exactly illegal but it is no longer an option in court for settling one's differences. Yet it still happens. Thomas Talbot is the 2nd Baron Lisle. His grandmother has died. This means he inherits her holdings which include a disputed claim to the lands of William of Berkley, the 1st Marquee. Naturally, Marquee Berkley disputes the claim, so Baron Lisle challenges Berkeley to a trail by combat to settle the dispute. By "combat" they mean a battle between feudal armies. The barons don't maintain large standing armies but they can muster the local peasants to fight on their behalf. The Battle of Nibley Green will be the last of such ancient traditions. This is not a duel or anything like it. This is a settlement of a dispute over money. Baron Lisle will be killed during the fighting, thus settling the dispute. 
This Year in Wikipedia
Year 1470, Wikipedia.
- The Women of the Cousins' War: The Duchess, the Queen, and the King's Mother. Simon & Schuster. “"It was there, with Jacquetta assisting, that the new baby was born. In a stroke of fantastic luck, that Edward so often enjoyed, the baby was a boy, an heir for the House of York and a powerful symbol for their future. They called him Edward."”
- Olly olly oxen free - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Right of Asylum: Medieval England - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Crypt - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick (Kingmaker) - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Alex Shrugged Notes: Personally speaking, I am immune from speeding tickets. There is no police officer anywhere who can ever hand me a speeding ticket. Even if the police officer is right next to me, looking right at me, he can never, ever give me a speeding ticket. That is because I don't own a car and I don't have a driver's license.
- Cities of Refuge - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Sanctuary city - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- staff writer (2014). What Is Trial by Combat?. WiseGeek.com. Retrieved on 20 November 2014. “Trial by combat, also known as a wager of battle, was a method of settling disputes between two people in the absence of a confession or witnesses that could attest to the matter. It was a popular alternative to judicial trial in the European Middle Ages, but fell out of favor in the 16th century. The trial purported to establish who was right by might of arms.”
- Thomas Talbot, 2nd Viscount Lisle - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Sterbenz, Christina (2014). Trial By Combat In The United States. BusinessInsider.com. Retrieved on 20 November 2014. “Trial by combat was still part of the law in 1773, when British Parliament unsuccessfully tried to ban it in response to the Boston Tea Party.”
- Ashford v Thornton (The right of trail by combat was granted) - Wikipedia (2014). Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- Gair, Edward M. (2013). he Mystery of the Green Dragon Tavern and the Boston Tea Party. Boston Tea Party Historical Society. Retrieved on 20 November 2014. “After the Tea Party, Governor Hutchinson was withdrawn to London for 'consultation.' The King and Ministry sent in General Gage as a new military Governor and gave him 'full discretion' to find evidence for a trial of those responsible for the Boston Tea Party. There was no trial in Boston.”
- Lincoln, Abraham (2014). Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's.... BrainyQuote.com. Retrieved on 20 November 2014.