Penn and Teller: A Matter of Perspective
Filippo Brunelleschi is not the first to create a painting using linear perspective, but he is the first to do so as a Euclidean experiment. He has painted a panel of the Florentine Baptistery. By standing in front of the Baptistery and looking though a hole in the back of the painting, one sees the building itself in reality. Then a mirror is held up so that the viewer can see the painting in perspective, so that an artist can understand how a 3D realism can add to a painting rather than the normal flatness of 2D. From this point on, using linear perspective in art will become popular and soon become the norm.   
China, Gunpowder and the Fire Dragon Manual
The Fire Dragon Manual outlines the use of gunpowder in Chinese "Fire-weapons". The main text was compiled Jiao Yu and Liu Ji. Earlier forms of the manual exist but its full form is published this year. It describes various explosive devices, flame throwers and rockets that ranged in lethality from simply being frightening to injurious to deadly. The earliest forms of the metal-barreled gun are described. What passes for a grenade is actually a cast-iron tub filled with gunpowder and flung by a trebuchet.     
100 Years' War: Joan of Arc is Born
Joan of Arc is born in the town of Domremy in the French province of Champagne which is famous for producing wine with bubbles but at this time bubbles are considered a problem rather than a virtue. (The pressure tends to break the bottles.) Joan will have virtue in abundance and receive a vision from the Archangel Michael. She will convince the King of France that she can win the 100 years' War, but for now she is just a baby girl, born of peasant family in a province that produces wine with too many bubbles.    
This Year in Wikipedia
Year 1412, Wikipedia.
- Grun, Bernard. The Timetables of History: A Horizontal Linkage of People and Events: Year 1412. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1991. (BOOK)
- Scott, Leader. (Pseudonym) Filippo di Ser Brunellesco. London: G. Bell & Sons. 1901. (PUBLIC DOMAIN)
- Filippo Brunelleschi: The Invention of Linear Perspective - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Penn & Teller - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Babylon 5 - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Johannes Vermeer - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Garrett, Diane. 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix of Art and Science, TheWrap.com. December 5, 2013.
- Huolongjing (Fire Dragon Manual) - A Great Book about Chinese Ancient Fire-weapons. History.Cultural-China.com, 2009 [last update]
- Bellis, Mary. The History of Early Fireworks and Fire Arrows, About.com, 2014 [last update]
- Huolongjing - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Early Modern Warfare - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Trebuchet - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Mythbusters - Hwacha - The super rocket pod. YouTube.com. Mythbusters Episode 110, Original air date: October 22, 2008.
- Thurston, Herbert. St. Joan of Arc. The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 8. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1910. 22 Aug. 2014.
- Joan of Arc - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- St. Joan of Arc - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online, catholic.org, 2014 [last update]
- History of Champagne - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Voltaire - Wikiquote, en.wikiquote.org, 2014 [last update]
- Foundation's Fear - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]