The Battle of Grunwald and the Peace of Thorn
The Teutonic Knights have been harassing Lithuania for decades but when they were offered the lands between Prussia and their northern holdings, it removed a lot of motivation to attack. Unfortunately, an uprising in those lands supported by Lithuania caused the Knights to attack Lithuania and Poland in the Battle of Grunwald in 1410. As the numbers of dead increased and the Teutonic leaders were caught or killed, the Knights finally capitulated. The Peace of Thorn will allow the Knights to avoid total destruction, pay reparations and ransom the prisoners. This is the beginning of the end for the Knights. They will fall into shadow as the economic aftermath of war engulfs them.    
China: The Grand Canal
China's Grand Canal between Beijing and the port city of Hangzhou has fallen into disrepair over the years of Mongol rule so the Yongle Emperor has assigned 165,000 laborers to dredge the canal, dig reservoirs and build a dam in order to maintain a higher water level in the canal. In the past larger barges were required to offload onto smaller barges over certain stretches which slowed transportation of goods and added considerably to the cost. In 50 years or so, the effort will lose some of its value as the port of Hangzhou becomes clogged with silt.   
Henry and Son
King Henry the 4th of England has had a debilitating illness for several years now. Historians cannot agree on exactly what that illness is except that the King looks like hell. In the interim, his son, Henry the 5th, the Prince of Wales, has been having a field day or as Shakespeare will write, "...a little intoxicate in his brains." But the King is not dead yet. He has removed the Prince from Parliament because his own son has been opposing him.   
This Year in Wikipedia
Year 1411, Wikipedia.
- Alex Shrugged notes: Both sides were sick of the fighting and the Lithuanians were running out of cannonballs too.
- Webb, Jonathan. Battle of Grunwald, 1410 - The Art of Battle. 2014 [last update]
- Peace of Thorn (1411) - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Battle of Grunwald - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Teutonic Knights - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Council of Constance - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Battle of Grunwald - Wikiquotes.
- Alex Shrugged notes: Within Jewish circles, the people of Chelm are often the butt of jokes... as if the people of Chelm were idiots who tried to do something intelligent but always missed the point. I'm not sure how this started but it is true nevertheless.
- Gernet, Jacques. (translated by Foster, J. R. and Hartman, Charles) A History of Chinese Civilization. Cambridge University Press. 1996. p. 408. (BOOK)
- Grand Canal (China): Ming Dynasty Restoration - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Hangzhou - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Nanjing (Nanking) - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Cantor, Norman F. general editor, The Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages: Henry V. Viking Penguin. 1999. p. 219. (BOOK)
- Henry IV of England - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- Henry V of England - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update]
- St Crispin's Day Speech - Wikipedia, 2014 [last update] quote="We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;"