The Beginning of the End for the Templars
It is Friday the 13th and a bad day to be a Knight Templar in Paris. King Philip the Fair of France has a plan to retire his war debt. Just a few years ago the Knights Templar lost their last foothold in the Holy Land. Their defeats in the Crusades and rumors of sacrilege and sodomy have given the King his chance. The King's agents arrest Jacques de Molay, the Grand Master of the Templars, as he attended a funeral in Paris. He and over 90 Knights Templar will be tortured for their confessions. The scandal will cause the arrest and trail of Templars across Europe. Only in Scotland will they find refuge where King Edward II of England has a "capture and release" policy for the Knights. In time, the Knights will be disbanded and the King's debts will be repudiated and their properties confiscated all because they refused to approve yet another loan to the King of France.          
The King is Dead, Long Live the King
Just as King Robert the Bruce was on the ropes, King Edward I of England drops dead of dysentery. Scotland has some breathing room now and time to regroup in their war of independence. Prince Edward II will be crowned king next year but for now he will abandon the campaign against Scotland. His father's last words were to keep Piers Gaveston, the 1st Earl of Cornwall, from Edward II but his last words will go unheeded. Prince Edward II is king in all but name now.     
- Veitch , John M. (March 1986) Repudiations and Confiscations by the Medieval State. The Journal of Economic History, Volume 46. Number 1. Cambridge University Press. pp. 31-36.
- Luttrell, Anthony (1965) FOURTEENTH-CENTURY HOSPITALLER LAWYERS. Traditio. Volume 21. Fordham University. pp. 449-456.
- Carlson, Cody. This week in history: The Knights Templar are arrested. Deseret News. October-16-2013.
- Hodapp, Christopher; Von Kannon, Alice (2014) King Phillip IV, Pope Clement V, and the Fall of the Knights Templar Part II - For Dummies.
- History | The Knights Templar, from theknightstemplar.org.
- The Knights Templars and their fate, from languedocmysteries.info , 2011.
- Friday 13th October, 1307, a photo from Midlothian, Scotland (PHOTO)
- Knights Templar, Wikipedia.
- Philip IV of France, Wikipedia.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_V Pope Clement V], Wikipedia.
- Murison, Alexander Falconer, King Robert the Bruce, Edinburgh: Oliphant Anderson & Ferrier, 1899. pp. 36-52. (BOOK)
- Edward II of England: Death, Wikipedia.
- Edward I of England: Final Years, Wikipedia.
- [url= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Gaveston Piers Gaveston, 1st Earl of Cornwall], Wikipedia.
- Crichton, Michael. (1999) Timeline Michael. (NOVEL)