Braveheart Loses His Head... and Various Other Parts
King Edward I of England is not a man who frightens easily but if anyone could make him feel uncomfortable it would be Sir William "Braveheart" Wallace. King Edward has made a deal with the Scots: an end to hostilities in exchange for Sir Wallace's unconditional surrender. It will be a friend that will betray him. Sir John of Menteith is told that King Edward will only keep Wallace under house arrest so after offering Wallace a place to stay, Menteith calls the English troops. Sir William "Braveheart" Wallace will become the SECOND nobleman to be hung, drawn and quartered, the first being the Prince of Wales in 1283. Six months later Robert the Bruce will raise his flag and challenge England again.        
The Man is Gone but the Splendor Remains
He has passed away but his one great work remains in print to this day... in many languages... used in every magic show you've ever seen, represented in anime on the Cartoon Network, a manga series... and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles! I've seen it at Barnes and Noble... and... IT'S A SECRET! Rabbi Moses de Leon's critical work, the Zohar meaning "The Splendor", will change the course of Jewish and Christian mysticism. Who let this secret out? The Christians will discover this book in the mid-1500s and fall in love with it. The rest is history.       
No Mercy from Mercenaries
Few things are more terrible than watching the slow-motion collapse of an Empire, yet Byzantium can't give up. Years earlier, Emperor Andronikos II had tried to save money by laying off his mercenaries, but after several military failures, he hired new mercenaries.... the Catalan Company led by Roger de Flor, but the Catalan Company expects to be paid well and on time. With the bill past due Roger de Flor is assassinated and the Emperor is blamed. The Catalan Company meets the superior forces of the Byzantium Empire at the Battle of Apros... and kicks their backsides. For the next two years the Catalan Company will destroy the area, pushing the population into Constantinople which is present day Istanbul.        
- 1283 It's Another "First" for Wales!
- 1284 The Emperor Weds an 11 Year Old
- 1285 Say Bye-Bye to Charles and His Puppet Pope
- 1298 Honesty Is It's Own Reward.... But not in Byzantium
- 1302 Payback is a Bitch When You Don't Pay Your Bills
- Murison, Alexander Falconer, Sir William Wallace, New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1898, pp. 134-13. (BOOK)
- Sir William Wallace....Biography, William Wallace Society 2007.
- The Execution of William Wallace, Education Scotland, Crown, 2012.
- William Wallace, Braveheart - The True Story
- William Wallace - Fight for Independence, Biography, A+E Television Networks, LLC. 2014.
- Hung, Drawn and Quartered, Linda Alchin, 2012
- The First Nobleman Hung, Drawn, and Quartered, Matthew Zarzeczny, Ph.D.
- William "Braveheart" Wallace, Wikipedia
- Matt, Daniel Chanan, The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism, Book Sales, August 1997.
- Scholem, Gershom, Kabbalah, Buccaneer Books, December 1988.
- Sarah Connor Chronicles: Episode 104: Heavy Metal, from the Terminator Wiki (REVIEW)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion by Carlo Santos, Anime News Network, 2013-Jun-28. (REVIEW)
- Zohar, Wikipedia
- Moses de Leon, Wikipedia
- Shimon bar Yochai, Wikipedia
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, Stories for Children. New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux. 1984. (SHORT STORIES)
- Singer, Isaac Bashevis, The Golem. New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux. 1982. (NOVEL)
- Abracadabra, Wikipedia
- Bartusis, Mark C., The Late Byzantine Army: Arms and Society, 1204-1453, University of Pennsylvania Press, 1997-Jan-1. (BOOK)
- Norwich, John Julius. Byzantium: Volume 3: Decline and Fall. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1995 pp. 256-272. (BOOK)
- Nicol, Donald M., The Last Centuries of Byzantium, 1261-1453, Cambridge University Press, 1993-Oct-14. pp. 128-132. (BOOK)
- Byzantine Battles, Manolis Papathanassiou, 2011-2014
- Battle of Apros, Wikipedia
- Catalan Company, Wikipedia
- Roger de Flor, Wikipedia
- Michael IX Palaiologos, Wikipedia